Important Points And Steps Involving Background Checks
It is so much important for a company to know the authenticity of the employees. This is why the company does so much research before letting an employee work with them. There are so many methods and reasons to do it. There are so many online background check websites that do the task on the behalf of the employee.
What are the important points one should know about background checks?
This is a procedure under which the company tries its best to verify more and more about the person who is going to work with them. For example, it helps the company know about the person’s education, criminal record, employment history, education, other past activities, etc.
There are various types of background checks like:
- Employment background checks
- Professional background checks
- Fingerprint background checks
- Criminal background checks
- Personal background checks
- Universal background checks
- International background checks
- OIG background checks
- Credit background checks
- E-verify background checks
There are so many reasons why companies should always perform the online background check:
- At first, it provides a safe environment for the other employees to work and grow.
- It keeps the employees to stay away from any drug-addicted person or habits.
- It highlights any criminal records of the person. Thus, the company takes actions before any loss.
- It also shows any other infractions.
- The company gets the security that they have made the right choice while selecting the right person for the job.
- It lowers down any risk factor involved with the employment of the person.
- It verifies the complete resume of the person.
- It showcases a very true picture of the applicant
- It fulfills any diligence and avoids any liability.
- Lastly, the company gets a very true picture of the person.
What are the steps involved in the background check?
Following are the steps involved in checking the background check of the person:
- At first, the person or the company needs to create a complete flow chart of all the steps involved in the background verification.
- Now they need to take the help of the legal assistant for getting to know the local laws in which the person was living.
- In this step, they need to opt for making an FCRA Complaint about the checks.
- The company should ask for clearing up any mistake or misunderstanding from the employee if there is just in case.
- This is where the company should make sure about the difference in reference checks and consumer reports.
- Now they need to be checking any academic references to get the education and certification checked.
- The company must call the former and current supervisors of the company in which the person is/was working.
- Now they need to check any associate network to make sure the work quality, etc., of the person.
- The company must browse and check the person on online sites to check if there is anything else published on the Internet or not.
- Finally, they need to dig deep to find out about the criminal records, address history, social security validation, terror watch list, etc., for the company.
There are so many things which are included in the employee background checks like criminal background, employment history, credit history, social security, etc., documents should be included at all cost.